March 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Italy!

Ok, so I am late in posting. I must really try to do better.


Today we celebrated the 150th anniversary of the Unification Of Italy!
And let me tell you, it's not as much fun as St. Patricks Day. Oh, well.


Vitti had to be in the Town Hall in Montescudaio, along with all her classmates, to "celebrate" (hear the mayor talk forever) and sing the national anthem. Oh, joy!
The room was so small that not everybody fit in so I just shoved Vitti in there with her classmates and I went outside to take photos! 
The whole town was adorned with Italian flags! Quite nice actually and a great photo op!
I walked around town and kept taking photos until I heard the last national anthem sung.


Here are some of the photos I took.






Afterwards I took the kids for a very patriotic lunch of sushi at the little restaurant in Cecina. Hey, the sushi was red, white and green so it all worked out.


Oh, and of course some pics of sushi!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those town photos!! I am so envious of you. I really hope to return to your beautiful country one day. Niki girl, you are doing a great job with this blog! Keep up the good work! (And I'll keep quiet. Ü)

    To answer your question: Yes, I had gyros in Greece, but I swear they were more available in Paris than in Athens. They were everywhere. And so I ate them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I FOUND you! Somehow this address showed up on my blog. Great photos...I love Italy...I know I was Italian in another life. OK, so now I am watching the brand new Showtime series called the Borgias about Pope Alexander VI. Jeremy Irons stars in it and it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every day I come here, hoping to see photos of your beautiful family, property, and town. But, alas, there are no new ones, nor even new words. Update your blog, Niki. Don't mess with me. There is obviously insanity in my family.

    ReplyDelete