April 06, 2013

April 6, 2013 - My Birthday!


This morning Elena and I went out for our usual cappuccino at Mama Cafè. Mario, the owner, surprised me with a lil flower and a candle..LOL
Breakfast was also ON THE HOUSE...

That is me with my HAPPY face!





At lunch time I was nicely surprised with three bouquets!
Roses from Romano and one bouquet each from Vittoria and Tommaso!








In the afternoon, Elena, Vitti and I went to have "merenda" at IL CASONE..Tommy joined us a little later too and that was nice!
Now, I do not really know how to translate merenda as it is more then a snack... lol
It's a small meal, I guess...
Well, anyway... here we are at merenda... 









Elena got me a very neat electric tea kettle!
I love it! 



After "merenda", which took longer then we thought due to our laughing and chatting too much, Elena dropped Vitti and myself off at home. Tommy had already left in his car earlier...
When I got home I found more presents!
I got a lovely perfume from the kids and a treadmill from Romano!
I had been complaining about the bad weather (it has been POURING here) and saying how I miss not being able to get any exercise! So, now I can exercise when it rains too! LOL My husband is a funny man!

This is the perfume and it is very nice! Not too sweet!




At 8 p.m. we headed out to dinner. Our usual place: GABBANI! 
We really love the food there as they always change the menu based on what they buy so it is never boring.

When we got there we were shown to our usual table but as I approached I noticed a cartoon drawing propped up on the bench.
It was of me... with a big cake and a LOT of candles and it said "Crap! Am I getting old now too?" I looked really sad about it too!
I knew who had done that drawing.... It was clearly our artist friend Claudio Carotenuto!
I thought to myself "How nice of him to deliver this here!"
Then, all of a sudden, Claudio, his wife Annamaria, Tommaso C. and his wife Daniela all sort of appeared out of nowhere!
It was a surprise party!
But it was a really big surprise as not even Romano knew they were coming!

This is the drawing:



They also gave me a wonderful purse!
I can use it this summer!!




While at dinner Romano also gave me another present!
Some earrings! 3 pair as I am always losing mine!






And here are some photo's of us at dinner!



My adorable kids:

My handsome husband:

Here I am with Daniela:

Here I am with Daniela and Annamaria:

Here I am with Tommaso and Claudio:



And here I am SUPER HAPPY after blowing out my candle!!




It really was a great birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment