April 15, 2011

Vitti in Austria

Some of you may know that Vitti left for a school trip to Austria on Wednesday at 4:30 a.m. I remember the 4:30 a.m. part very well. Don't really remember much else. 


I did take a pic of Viit all ready for the trip. Notice her new purse is bigger then she is...









They drove first to Innsbruck and visited the historical centre before leaving for Salzburg.
They arrived in Salzburg pretty late and got settled in the hotel and had dinner.
She called me saying they had messed up the rooms and she was not with her best friend but that the hotel would sort it out the next day.


Yesterday morning I received a text that she was visiting the old part of Salzburg.


Vitti also texted me last night while we were out for dinner and said that she had eaten Mozart Balls...
Now, for those of you who don't know what they are...trust me, it's nothing bad. It's actually a good thing! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozartkugel
I doubt she will bring any home.
This morning they left Salzburg and are on their way to SALZKAMMERGUT (sounds scary, huh?).
On the way they are stopping at the salt mines in Hallein. This includes a 1 km walk 80m underground. Sounds like fun. I wonder if she will take pics.

They will have lunch in a restaurant (Vitti's favorite part) and then head to SALZKAMMERGUT... which I see is on a lake.. (you can see too.. it's right there on the map)
Uh, you might need a magnifying glass for the map. If I put it any bigger it seems to fly off the page! Now, if this was a map of Italy it would not be a problem as Italy is nice and LONG whereas Austria seems to be too wide for blogs....

They will sleep in Salzkammergut tonight.
I know all this because I have Vitti's itinerary...

She has just texted me that they have arrived at the salt mines.... 

Will keep you posted!

Oh wait... while I am here I want to post a photo of dinner last night... 
Not a great photo (I really am not impressed with the iPhone 4 camera)


3 comments:

  1. I think the photo of the food looks great! Made me drool, anyhow!
    Salt mines...how fun!!! Sounds like she's having a fabulous trip. Mozart balls, huh? Uh....great....
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos on your blog are "clickable," so your readers can click on them and see them in a larger size. That trip is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pics are clickable? Well, how about that! And there I was resizing the thing all day yesterday. Swore a lot too.
    Thank you, Donna!

    Susan: Yeah.. Mozart balls. Did ya read the Wiki link? They are VERY yummy but I doubt Vitti will bring any back. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete