April 06, 2011

I'm so PRETTY!

YAY! It's my birthday today! I don't know about you but I LOVE my birthday! Reminds me that I am still alive every year..LOL


Today I woke up at 7 a.m. as per usual seeing it is a school day (I do prefer my birtdhays on weekends). Romano and the kids sang Happy Birthday to me.. along with "I'm so Pretty" from Westside Story. (It's kind of like my birthday theme song... I sing it all day on my birthday.)


At 9 a.m. I went and had my haircut! I did not do it to be pretty, because I already am, but I just really needed one. 40 Euros later I was even prettier then before!


After my haircut I went for coffee with Elena. That's pretty normal as we do that every morning. The only difference was me singing "I'm So Pretty" in the coffee shop. Elena was impressed... the other patrons not so much. Their loss. 


In the afternoon Elena took me, Vitti and Giordy to the lil zoo near us. Tommy followed on his motorbike. He wanted to be able to make a quick getaway if things got boring. 


During the ride there I made sure "I'm So Pretty" was blaring from the speakers. Elena laughed but the kids sort of hid in the backseat.
I also made sure to shout to every person that I saw along the way that it was my birthday and that I was going to the zoo! I scared a cyclist half to death.


The zoo is very small. It started out as a family farm. The owner, Ceppatelli, a true animal lover, wanted to create a place where children could get to know animals better. So, he started out with a few farm animals in 2001. He had mostly birds up until 2006 when he added lots of other animals. 
You can see some of the animals here:
http://www.parcogallorose.it/photogallery/animali.php

I took lot's of pics at the zoo!





















As you can see from the photos there were many strange animals there!


It took us 2 and a half hours to do the whole tour of the zoo so I guess it is not that small.


There was no ice cream though as it is still low season and the snack stand was closed. This made me sad....


In the evening we had dinner at home and I got my gifts and roses from Romano and the kids!
My gift this year is really cool! I finally got a gas ventilated oven! Well, a coupon for one...
I have been wanting one for years. I actually gave up hope on that one.
My current gas oven does not work well. It does not heat up properly and since it is not ventilated it only heats from the bottom up. Not great for baking.
So, now, all I have to do is go and choose my new oven! I am happy!
Can you imagine though.. what if my baking still sucks once I have the new oven? I won't have anymore excuses.. Hmmm.....

2 comments:

  1. Love the photos...you got some great ones. Wish there were more of the birthday girl, though! :)
    Glad you had a wonderful day!!! Happy birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and great photos!! So, did the family sing, "I'm So Pretty"? Iow, all of you are pretty on your birthday? =)

    I can't imagine having a camel, a zebra, . . .. I don't think I have enough sofas to hold them all!

    ReplyDelete